- Full-time role
- Engaging and stimulating work
- Customer Interaction and problem-solving
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
Are you an avid coder with tons of experience looking for an opportunity to step into a more senior role? Or maybe you’re an experienced senior developer looking for change and variety? Then this may be the job for you!
At Enee we want to be the go-to company for all our clients’ needs, that’s why we pride ourselves on providing extraordinary customer service. We believe it starts with being talented communicators, thorough problem solvers and experts in our industry.
In a rapidly changing technological environment, our ultimate goal is to partner with each client to ensure that they become better through technology.
If you are a passionate individual who is dedicated to their craft, who never stops improving their knowledge, and most importantly takes initiative in all aspects of their role, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Input into the initial design and architecture of projects.
- Scoping projects by defining goals, objectives, tasks and budgets.
- Day to day development and maintenance of new and existing web applications.
- Working with the project coordinator to ensure projects are running to schedule and within budget.
- Meet with clients in order to gather their specific requirements, provide advice and translate their requirements into business tasks and distribute them to the greater project team.
- Mentoring less experienced developers/technicians.
- Troubleshooting and resolving identified app issues both internally and with customers
- Provide advice to managers in regards to continual improvement of technical processes and procedures.
- An aptitude in and desire towards providing outstanding customer service
Required skills and qualifications
- Strong PHP skills (other languages are a bonus).
- Strong PHP framework knowledge (preferably with Laravel).
- Strong ability to identify and debug code and logic issues within code.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Basic understanding and experience with one or more CMS such as WordPress.
- Experience and understanding of how e-commerce systems work (e.g. WooCommerce, etc).
- Experience in using version/source control
- Knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s.
- Experience with the deployment process.
- Basic experience with the Linux command line and bash scripts will be looked upon favourably.
- Comfortable scoping and estimating time associated with development.
- Multiple years of demonstrable experience, minimum 2+years.
As we mentioned earlier, we want you to be code-crazy, experienced and confident in the way you communicate with others! Make sure we get the full picture by addressing all of the above in your cover letter.
Why we think it is great to work at Enee!
- Flexible working environment
- Awesome, varied projects across various industries and sizes
- A long-term career opportunity with a strong, growing business
- A great office environment and cool co-workers who all work hard but know how to have a laugh and some fun!
What we need from you…
- A cover letter highlighting the skills and qualities listed above.
- Resume covering your relevant studies and experience
- Code samples from a relevant personal, work or University project which demonstrate your coding skills and experience (preferably as functional git repos)
Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated past performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.