Are you looking to take the next step in your development?
We are looking for a high-performing, motivated and proactive mid-leve / senior PHP Developer to join a growing, fast-paced technology-based business in Adelaide on a Full-Time basis.
The successful candidate will help us to grow our Web and App Development department to meet our expanding needs while being a key resource to help drive the business forward, while providing input to help achieve best practices and process improvements.
As an organisation we:
- Value our people
- Seek engaging, stimulating work
- Support and encourage continual professional development
- Understand the importance of a clear career path and growth opportunities
- Believe above all that having fun and a healthy work-life balance is as important as the work itself!
What would I be doing in this position?
This role will see the successful candidate:
- Input into the initial design and architecture of projects.
- Scoping projects by defining goals, objectives, tasks and budgets.
- Day to day development and maintenance of new and existing web applications.
- Working with the project coordinator to ensure projects are running to schedule and within budget.
- Meet with clients in order to gather their specific requirements, provide advice and translate their requirements into business tasks and distribute them to the greater project team.
- Mentoring less experienced developers/technicians.
- Troubleshooting and resolving identified app issues both internally and with customers
- Provide advice to managers in regards to continual improvement of technical processes and procedures.
- An aptitude in and desire towards providing outstanding customer service
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost we are looking for candidates that:
- Are passionate about technology and have the drive to continuously learn and develop your technical skills
- Are comfortable scoping and estimating time associated with development.
- Ability to analyse a customer’s needs, and recommend solutions that will align with their needs
- Have strong people skills and enjoy working with people
- Are fanatical about customer service (we take this seriously!), with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Are efficient, proactive and focused in a busy and dynamic environment
- Are willing and determined to meet deadlines, budgets and KPI’s with high- quality results
- Multiple years of demonstrable experience, minimum 2+years.
Technical skills we are looking for are:
- Strong PHP skills (other languages are a bonus).
- Strong PHP framework knowledge (preferably with Laravel).
- Strong ability to identify and debug code and logic issues within code.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience in using version/source control
- Knowledge of XML/JSON and using 3rd party API’s.
- Experience with the deployment process.
- Basic experience with the Linux command line and bash scripts will be looked upon favourably.
- A degree, certificate or qualification in a relevant field will be looked upon favourably
Is this job for you?
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email [email protected], or submit via Seek, a CV and Cover Letter that specifically addresses the skills and attributes highlighted above, and demonstrates your experience.