PHP Developer – Graduate
- Full-time role
- Engaging and stimulating work
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working environment
An exciting career opportunity has opened up for a passionate and motivated PHP Graduate Developer to join a growing, fast-paced technology-based business in Adelaide on a full-time basis.
At Enee we want to be the go-to company for all our client’s technology needs. We believe it starts with being talented communicators, thorough problem solvers and experts in our industry.
In a rapidly changing technological environment, we aim to become our client’s trusted technology advisors, helping them become better through technology.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated PHP Graduate developer who is passionate and dedicated to their craft, who never stops improving their knowledge, and (most importantly) takes initiative in all aspects of their role (including working as a team to solve problems). We will provide you with the resources to write beautiful, fast code to a high standard, in a timely, efficient and scalable way.
First and foremost, we are looking for candidates who:
- Have recent and relevant University or TAFE experience in various web technologies including some of the following:
- Object orientated development (PHP, Java, C++, etc)
- Developing using website technologies (PHP, HTML, JS, CSS, etc)
- Databases (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Are passionate about web development and associated technologies
- Strive to continually learn and improve
- Are excellent communicators, being able to explain technical concepts in simple language
- Have strong people skills and enjoy working with others
- Are fanatical about customer service (we take this seriously!)
Some of the technical skills we are looking for are:
- Familiarity with object orientated programming
- Familiar with PHP development
- Familiarity with at least one type of database (E.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Familiarity of using version control (git knowledge looked upon favourably)
- Familiarity with AJAX interfaces
- Familiarity with the deployment process for PHP/MySQL applications
- Basic experience with the Linux command line and bash scripts will be looked upon favourably
- A desire to learn scoping and estimating time associated with development
Other important traits we are looking for in potential candidates include:
- Comfort communicating with and meeting with clients in conjunction with the greater project team
- Excited about solving challenging problems
- Develop towards being able to assist with the scoping of projects by defining goals, objectives, tasks and budgets
- Develop towards being able to provide input into the initial design and architecture of projects
- Being efficient, proactive and focused in a busy environment
- Have comfort working in an environment with deadlines, budgets and KPI’s
- High attention to detail
- A clear and logical thought process
- Strong analytical skills and troubleshooting abilities
What would I be doing in this position?
- Day to day development and maintenance of new and existing web applications
- Working with the relevant project manager to ensure projects are running on schedule and within budget
- Troubleshooting and resolving identified issues both internally and with customers
Why we think it is great to work at Enee!
- Flexible working environment
- Awesome, varied projects across various industries and sizes
- A long-term career opportunity with a strong, growing business
- A great office environment and cool co-workers who all work hard but know how to have a laugh and some fun!
Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated past performance.
How to apply
- A cover letter highlighting the skills and qualities listed above.
- Resume covering your relevant studies and experience
- Code samples from a relevant personal or University project which demonstrate your coding skills and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.